Are you a UK woman who used the eyelash extensions and now wants to remove them and wondering: How to remove eyelash extensions at home? Your eyes will appear beautiful with eyelash extensions, but they are not permanent. The adhesive used on lash extensions resists water and soap, making them difficult to remove. So, how can you remove them?
There are different ways you can use to remove eyelash extensions at home. You can either use a glue remover or oil and steam to get rid of eyelash extensions. Although removing eyelash extensions at home is time-consuming, it still costs less than going to a dermatologist.
How To Remove Eyelash Extensions at Home
1. Using a Glue Remover
Follow the given steps to remove eyelash extensions at home with the help of Glue remover.
- First, you should purchase a professional grade glue remover. Regular eyelash glue remover will not remove eyelash extensions due to the strength of the glue.
- Take off your makeup before you start removing your extensions. You can wipe your eyes with cotton swabs.
- Protect your skin by wearing under-eye pads. An under-eye pad is a small, C-shaped pad with a sticky back. Using these pads will help protect the delicate area around your eyes.
- Take two brush applicators and saturate them with glue remover. Apply the glue remover easily to your lashes by using disposable brush applicators.
- I recommend closing your eyes while working with the glue remover. It is better to keep glue remover away from your eyes since it may irritate them.
- Ensure the tip of your lashes is in contact with the applicator. As if applying mascara, apply the applicator to your lashes.
- Apply the glue remover to the lower lashes, taking care not to get it on the lash line. You should apply glue remover below the midpoint to the lower eyelashes. This method will allow you to get rid of all the glue.
- For the glue remover to work, let it sit for 3 minutes. Watch the glue dissolve for 3 minutes using a timer. Close your eyes while using the glue remover.
- After removing the extensions with the second applicator, rinse your lashes thoroughly.
As a result, you will be able to remove the eyelash extensions at home.
2. Use Oil & Steam
Here’s how to remove eyelash extensions using oil and steam by following the given steps.
- First, know where your natural lashes end by removing your makeup.
- Pour hot water into a bowl.
- Lean over the steam for a few minutes with your head covered.
- Take a coconut oil-soaked cotton swab.
- You can also use coconut oil and soak it with a cotton swab. You should ensure that the cotton has plenty of moisture; otherwise, it may irritate or scratch the skin.
- Please remove all of your extensions from your eyelashes by wiping the oil over them. Pull your cotton swab along your lashes as you move out from the eye’s inner corner.
- Cleanse your eyelids with a gentle cleanser to remove any excess oil.
- Immediately after removing your extensions, cleanse your skin with a mild facial cleanser. Wipe away any excess oil using the cleanser. After rinsing your face with cool water, gently pat it dry. A normal facial cleanser will also work to get rid of the oil.
False lashes can be more challenging to remove. Before starting the process, you should weigh the risks of removing lash extensions yourself.
You must first remember that different removers pose different risks to your eyes and skin. There may be reddening of the eyes, loss of natural lashes, and skin swelling after using the glue remover.
I do not suggest that you use professional eyelash removers by yourself at home. They pose too many risks. If you are a beginner, oils like olive oil might be more suitable.
Be aware that oils won’t remove lashes as effectively as professional ones. If you have trouble breaking the adhesive bond, pull gently.